comment agrandir un chapeau - casquette
How to increase a hat size?
The Hat Enlarger
It is used to protect your headgear and keep it in good condition. In addition to its primary function, to enlarge hats, it makes it possible to store your headgear by maintaining the size and by preventing the absorption of moisture, which preserves the leather band or the fabric grosgrain.
It is perfect for straw hats or felt hats.
Using your Hat Enlarger
- Place the hat enlarger in your headgear with the flat parts on the outside and the tapered parts on the inside.
The two wooden parts of the Enlarger should be one at the front and one at the back, with the screw in the middle.
- Place the two wooden parts inside the cap at the level of the labels. They should be parallel to the fold in the crown of the hat.
- Enlarge the enlarger in order to obtain the desired size of your hat.
- Tighten the handle to adjust the enlarger to the size of the hat. The hat is ready for storage. It should always be placed on the crown to keep the edges in good condition.
To increase the size of your hat:
- Repeat the previous steps.
- Use a teapot or saucepan, with the lid slightly ajar, and boil clean water. Then reduce the heat to produce a steady stream of steam.
- Holding the hat enlarger by the handle, steam directly and evenly outside the band area.
- Then, turn the screw to obtain the desired size while applying steam. Do not over-stretch the cap at one time: 1/4 of the maximum size, e.g. 7 to 7 1/4.
- Allow the hat to cool and dry for 20-30 minutes before removing the enlarger from the hat.
- Repeat until the hat is the desired size.