How to clean your cloth hat
How do I clean my cloth hat?
In this article, we provide you with all the tips and tricks for a good cleaning of a fabric hat, without staining or damaging it.
Guide to using Tilley fabric hat care products :
Once you are in possession of suitable products to clean your cloth hat, you must know how to use them. Here is the maintenance program for a perfect cleaning and conservation of the fabric hat.
Fabric hat care products :
- Regular cleaning with Storm products will keep your hat and cap in excellent condition.
- Protecting your fabric hat from water with a waterproofing agent will increase its lifespan.
1) Fabric Hat Cleaner :
- Shake the bottle of cleaner, then dilute half of the bottle in a basin of hot water.
- Dip your hat in the basin, rub it by hand and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hat with clear water, dab it with a towel to remove excess water and then let it air dry.
- You can reshape your hat by placing it on your knee and reshaping it with your hands.
Please note that fabric hat cleaner requires a few precautions: keep out of reach of children, avoid contact with your eyes and prolonged contact with your skin (if the product has come into contact with your eyes, rinse thoroughly under running water), after use wash your hands thoroughly.
2) Waterproofing for fabric hat :
- Shake the bottle of waterproofing and spray evenly on the hat.
- Gently rub your hat on all corners with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- Allow the hat to air dry before use.
Attention the waterproofing for fabric hats requires some precautions of use: keep out of reach of children, avoid any contact with the eyes and any prolonged contact with the skin (if the product came into contact with your eyes, rinse abundantly with running water), after use wash your hands meticulously.